|Eligibility||Available to applicants enrolled or intending to enrol in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program or Year 1 of the Agribusiness Program.|
|Supported by||WARAKIRRI CROPPING BACKGROUND
• Established in 1996 on behalf of Australian superannuation funds.
• Own and operate ten properties spanning approximately 78,000 hectares (72,000 arable hectares) of broadacre cropping farms in Victoria, southern and northern NSW, southern Queensland and Western Australia.
• Warakirri Cropping is one of the largest grain producers in Australia, producing approximately 160,000 tonnes of grain per annum.
• Employ twenty-four full time equivalent farm staff who are responsible for the day-to-day management of the farms together with contract service providers who are utilized for planting and harvest operations.
• Farm operations are supported by seven management and administration staff based in Melbourne.
• Warakirri believes that agricultural investments are well suited to institutional investors given the low correlation to other major asset classes and competitive long term returns, combined with relatively low volatility.
• To generate wealth for our investor, by owning and operating a diversified portfolio of cropping properties, in a safe and sustainable manner
OUR FARMING PHILOSOPHY
• To operate efficient farms, utilising industry best practice, conservation and sustainable farming techniques
• To protect, enhance and evolve the business, meeting and exceeding our investor’s expectations, whilst developing and supporting our people
|The scholarship recipient is highly encouraged to undertake their Industry Placement Year at Warakirri Agricultural Trusts
|Application Close Date||22/08/2017||Interviews Held||20/09/2017|
|Scholarship Question(s)||In approximately 500 words describe what motivates you to be involved in Australian Agriculture and what are your ambitions in the future. Describe also what the scholarship would mean to you.|