What do leaders really do?
They don't make plans; they don't solve problems; they don't even organise people.
What a good leader really does is prepare the people and the organisation for change
and helps them cope as they struggle through the change
MORLP - Program Brochure 2017 (1846 KB)Overview
MORLP - Nomination Form 2017 (419 KB)
The registration fee includes tuition, notes, accommodation and all meals for the five-day program. A fully refundable fee is required upon nomination. The registration fee is advised on the course Application Form.
the Australian Beef Industry Foundation (ABIF) together with Fairfax Rural Media (Fairfax) are offering the opportunity for two people involved in the beef supply chain, aged between 21 and 40 to attend a one-week Marcus Oldham Rural Leadership program at the Marcus Oldham College in Geelong, Victoria at the end of June 2017.
Who is eligible?
• Applicants must be between the ages of 21-40 years in the year the scholarship is awarded.
• Applicants must be an Australian citizen.
• Preference will be given to those in or going into commercial cattle production
Conditions of applications
• Applicants must be available to attend the course 26 June to 1 July.
• An applicant who has previously attended the Marcus Oldham Leadership Course in this or any other capacity is ineligible for this scholarship.
Administration of scholarship
• ABIF and Fairfax will be offering financial support and Marcus Oldham College providing the course.
• ABIF and Fairfax will form a panel of independent local people to assess the applications.
• The panel members must not be related by family or employment to the applicants.
• All applications will be strictly confidential.
• Assessment of all criteria will provide information toward selection.
• If in the opinion of the selection panel no suitable application is received, the scholarship will not be awarded.
• The decision of the panel will be final and a majority ruling applies.
Selection criteria– please limit responses to approx. 150 words
1. History of education and/or employment.
2. Explain how this course would be useful in your current and/or future work plans
3. How can you see yourself using the skills learnt in this course to benefit the beef industry, and/or its people and
/or your community?
4. Any other information about yourself you think we should know about to help your application.
• Date of birth:
• Copy of proof of Australian residency: (birth certificate, passport etc..)
• Phone number:
• Email address:
• Current postal and living address:
• Current employer’s name and work address:
Details of the program are available at www.marcusoldham.vic.edu.au/morlp.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity please call John Gunthorpe, Chairman of ABIF on:
0400 403 456
All applicants will be advised of the outcome so that arrangements can be made.
Application Enquiries - Jenny Hendricks
Phone: (03) 5247 2901
Fax: (03) 5244 1263
Back to Leadership Programs